Approach Guides, David Raezer & Jennifer Raezer [1 year ago]
Download Maya Ruins of Mexico: Guide to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Teotihuacan, Palenque Free eBook - Approach Guides, David Raezer & Jennifer Raezer.
RECENTLY UPDATED FOR 2017! With more than 130 high-resolution images and new videos, this is the definitive guide to the most important ancient Maya ruins in Mexico, including Chichen Itza, Tulum, Teotihuacan, Palenque, and more.
Maya religious centers are one of Mexico’s cultural treasures, the vestige of a great civilization that prospered for 2,000 years (peaking from 600-800 CE) in Mesoamerica and created some of the most impressive art and architecture in the New World. This Approach Guide serves as an ideal resource for travelers seeking a deeper understanding of this Maya cultural legacy through a comprehensive exploration of five ancient cities.
What’s in this guidebook
* Background. We start off by providing some critical background information — focusing on cosmology and the role of the dynastic ruler — that makes sense of the forms and symbols of the unique Maya aesthetic.
* Tours that go deeper on the most important sites. Following our tradition of being the most valuable resource for culture-focused travelers, we then turn our attention to Mexico’s premier Maya cities: Bonampak, Chichen Itza, Palenque, Tulum and Yaxchilan. For each city, we start by introducing the distinctive features of its art and architecture, isolating key features and concepts that you will see again and again as you make your way through the site. The tours walk you through the highlights, aided by high-resolution images and a discussion that ties it all together.
* Tours of Maya-connected civilizations. Finally, to put these Maya sites into context, this guide profiles the capital cities of three Mexican civilizations that were closely connected to the Maya over its long history: La Venta (Olmec civilization), Teotihuacan (Teotihuacan civilization) and Tula (Toltec civilization). Detailed tours of these locations reveal the back-and-forth exchange between the Maya and its neighbors to the north.
* Advice for getting the best cultural experience. To help you plan your visit, this guidebook offers logistical advice and provides links to online resources. Plus, we provide our personal tips for getting the most from your experience while on location.
* Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; and images are mocked up with text that explains important features.
* NEW! Customers can now print this guidebook with our new PDF-on-Demand service. See the final chapter in the book for details.
ABOUT APPROACH GUIDES
Travel guidebooks for the ultra curious, Approach Guides reveal a destination’s essence by exploring a compelling aspect of its cultural heritage: art, architecture, history, food, or wine.
PRAISE FOR APPROACH GUIDES
Compulsive (and compulsively informed) travelers, the Raezers are the masterminds behind the downloadable Approach Guides, which are filled with a university course-worth of history and insights for 62 destinations worldwide. WHY WE LOVE IT: The Raezers share our desire for deep, well-researched information on the wonders of the world.
- Travel + Leisure
Link is not working.
MAYA RUINS OF MEXICO: GUIDE TO CHICHEN ITZA, TULUM, TEOTIHUACAN, PALENQUE - Do you need Ebook Maya Ruins of Mexico: Guide to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Teotihuacan, Palenque? You may be glad to know that right this moment Maya Ruins of Mexico: Guide to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Teotihuacan, Palenque is available on our online library. With our online resources, you can find Maya Ruins of Mexico: Guide to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Teotihuacan, Palenque or just about any type of ebooks, for any kind of product.
Best of all, they are entirely free to find, make use of and download, so there is not any cost or stress at all. Maya Ruins of Mexico: Guide to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Teotihuacan, Palenque may certainly not make exciting reading, but Maya Ruins of Mexico: Guide to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Teotihuacan, Palenque is packed with valuable instructions, information and warnings. We also have many ebooks and user guide can be related with Maya Ruins of Mexico: Guide to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Teotihuacan, Palenque.
We have made it easy for you to find Ebooks with no digging. And by having access to your ebooks online or by storing it on your desktop, you have convenient answers using Maya Ruins of Mexico: Guide to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Teotihuacan, Palenque. To begin finding Maya Ruins of Mexico: Guide to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Teotihuacan, Palenque, you are right to find our website that includes a comprehensive collection of manuals detailed.
Our library is the biggest of these that have literally thousands and thousands of different products represented. You will also see that there are specific sites catered to different product types or categories, brands or niches related to Maya Ruins of Mexico: Guide to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Teotihuacan, Palenque . So according to what exactly you are looking, you will be able to choose ebooks to suit your own needs.
|Title:||:||Maya Ruins of Mexico: Guide to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Teotihuacan, Palenque|
|Author:||:||Approach Guides, David Raezer & Jennifer Raezer|
|Published||:||Dec 20, 2016|
|Seller||:||Approach Guides LLC|
|Print Length||:||287 Pages|